Thursday, July 23, 2009

Whatta shame?!!?!

The recent news that made me feel ashamed of our nation's bureaucrats was that our former President Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam was frisked by the US Airlines company, Continental Airlines It saddened me to know that a man of such greatness and importance was frisked by an American airlines company in our own Indian soil!!

When this topic came for discussion at our lunch table at work, I asked my colleagues: "Do you think we will do this to Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton?!? and, we let this happen to our own former President in our own soil!!". One of my colleagues quipped: "We won't do this even to Monica Lewinsky!!"

Whatta shame!! Lets go dig a hole and hide our heads in it!!

1 comment:

Be said...

Stuff's really weird right now - am wondering if Continental's dealing with some sort of sec threat that we all don't know about. Actually wasn't allowed to take my knitting on board in Paris (CDG) - though I know all the guys who work security there. Also got all my baggage x-rayed in NJ by customs (US - Continental's hub) for the first time ever.

Am wondering what the heck's going on.