Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things I saw on my way!

Last evening as I was returning home from work on my bike, I saw a few things that touched my heart..some that irked my conscience! I wanted to do something about them! But, I didn't.. for some reason or the other!

I was stuck in a traffic-signal.. and I saw a few children begging for money! There was one kid of age around 6 with another kid around a yr old or less perched on his hips, begging for money! The younger one was making some noises and they two were going around from one vehicle to another begging for money and food. It touched my heart to see a kid of my son's age to be in this plight! I wanted to help these kids! But, what do I do? I see this scene almost everyday on my way. Who will take care of these children? Is there a Government Plan to take care of these kids? What can I do to help these kids?! I was even thinking of adopting them educationally..

Then I saw a lady in a scooty, along with me in the signal! I realised dat she hadnt turned the ignition of her vehicle off even though the signal isn't gonna turn green for quite a while. On top of that, she was accelerating while on brakes.. Who is she doing a favor?!I hate ppl with no ecological common sense! She is wasting petrol and polluting the environment! I wanted to tell her to stop doing wat she was..but,I cudnt get her attention! Sigh!

The signal turned green and I moved on with a heavy heart! There was an auto-rickshaw going ahead of me..it was crowded as usual.. A lady was sitting near the entrance with a girl on her lap and the kid had her right leg outside the vehicle. I was irritated at the callousness of the mother! Doesn't she realize dat her daughter cud lose her limb if its hanging outside a moving vehicle?! I couldn't alert her as the traffic was moving fast and I couldn't risk slowing down.. Sigh! I only hope that the kid reached home safely!

Life isn't fair and square! The rich is getting richer while the poor is getting poorer! But, this news about Infosys is coming as a whiff of fresh air in this suffocating global village! It may be a calculated and diplomatic move by Infy but, if something good is gonna happen to the Society out of this, I will be more than happy! I hope this news is true and employees taking this offer will be true to their pledge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good thingie by infy guys.. i see this begging situation everyday.. i never give them money and spoil them.. but buy them food..

hope you are tied up.. a blog post after a long time

knottygal said...

@Chriz
yeah.. been busy lately! work is eating up my blogging time!